Menu

Biology Test Bank???

This question is from a hs friend who is planning on using Exploring The Way Life Works: The Science of Biology for this coming year with her 9th grade DS.

She asks:

The ex-teacher nerd in me is concerned about assesment with this book. If I go with Exploring the way Life Works how do I assess DS? I don't see supplemental test books.

Are there test books for this book that I'm just unable to find? Or did you use a test book but from some other source?

If you didn't test how did you asses your high schooler?

THANKS!

Carole

Edited by Blue Hen
fix quote mark

You've probably already found this: http://waylifeworks.jbpub.com/student_resources.cfm

It's not much but the best I could find (actually Rhea found it, thanks Rhea!). You might be able to form tests from what they have available. I decided to go with essays as a form of assessment. He'll write one after each topic we study. I'll grade it on content and if there appears to be a big gap in knowledge we'll go back and review it. If he were going to do the AP or SAT subject test then I might do it differently, but with all the notes he's taking and the process of organizing those and his thoughts into an essay, I feel it's a fair manner of assessment.