Menu

Elemental Science- Earth Science

ClassicalTwins

We've done biology... liked that. We actually are doing astronomy now. It is scheduled in the latter half of the year, after Earth Science, but since it's summer here and easier to go outside and view stars I started with astronomy instead. We are having fun with it! I have to admit we haven't stuck to science (and history for that matter) as well as I would have liked to over the summer, but as far as the curriculum goes... we like it! The format is the same as biology so the kids are familiar with it. I like the resources... and I've added some to it. I would recommend it!

The one comment I would have is to check out a few good children's books that tell the stories of the constellations (or video)... the stories are included in the curriculum, but are a bit dry (I think Paige even admits that in the curriculum).

Yep, I would agree the stories are dry. It was hard to find current information written to children on the constellations. There are two suggestions in the teacher's guide for out of print books that you can use instead. We used the book The Heavenly Zoo and dd loved it!

Robin, Astronomy in the summer, great idea!

Yep, I would agree the stories are dry. It was hard to find current information written to children on the constellations. There are two suggestions in the teacher's guide for out of print books that you can use instead. We used the book The Heavenly Zoo and dd loved it!

Robin, Astronomy in the summer, great idea!

Thanks!!

We will be doing in it in the mid-to late fall. Summer here in KY has been nasty hot and hazy. At 10pm the other night it was still 95 degrees and felt 102...yuck!! Typically summer nights are great, but not this year.