Menu

AAS and the Readers

Deborah

We are only in lesson 11 of AAS1, and I haven't seen anything in the book indicating where the books can be read. I did buy the program new from them a month ago if that helps?

I am curious about the books, but not curious enough to buy them. But my DS reads way above his spelling level so I am not sure they are something that would help.

My Level 1 book refers to the "Beehive Reader." For example, "now your child is ready to read the the story....fill in the blank." However, I purchased mine last year and I know that new books have been released to replace the Beehive Reader. I haven't noticed any references in Levels 2 or 3 but my books were probably printed before the new readers came out.

My Level 1 book refers to the "Beehive Reader." For example, "now your child is ready to read the the story....fill in the blank." However, I purchased mine last year and I know that new books have been released to replace the Beehive Reader. I haven't noticed any references in Levels 2 or 3 but my books were probably printed before the new readers came out.

I just checked out the website and it looks like "Cobweb the Cat" is the same book as "Beehive Reader". It's just a different title but has the same stories.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
thanks! I have the earlier editions of Level 1 and 2. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to update these levels.

Any one know of other revisions?

I don't believe they are 2nd Editions, rather subsequent printings.

I don't believe they are 2nd Editions, rather subsequent printings.

Thank you for the clarification! :001_smile:

I'm currently not using the readers because my DS doesn't need them but I might when I get around to teaching my younger two. It seems that it would be very simple to write the lesson and reader correlations into the teacher manual using the info on the website. Awesome!

thanks! I have the earlier editions of Level 1 and 2. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to update these levels.

Any one know of other revisions?

If your books are only 1-2 years old, the changes are not significant. I wouldn't update the levels. (And it looks like you found on the website where it gives the correlation--I agree, easy to write it in).

Merry :-)

the copyright is 2006-2007 so they are older than 2 years.. still wondering if I should buy the latest.

If it's just the reader notes, no problem. I'll stick w/ what we have.

But, if there are other notable differences it may be better to update for the rest of the kids coming along.

I'll also e-mail the author, however, I'd like to hear what other users think.

the copyright is 2006-2007 so they are older than 2 years.. still wondering if I should buy the latest.

If it's just the reader notes, no problem. I'll stick w/ what we have.

But, if there are other notable differences it may be better to update for the rest of the kids coming along.

I'll also e-mail the author, however, I'd like to hear what other users think.

There's a really old version with a white cover--if you have that, then I would upgrade. There is even an upgrade discount if you were the original purchaser. If it's newer than that, the differences aren't significant. They reprinted with some corrections but not major changes--in the copyright info there are subsequent printings but not subsequent editions. HTH! Merry :-)