Menu

Looking for american art ideas

mollies73

I am doing American History with my 6th and 7th graders this year. I would like to look at one American Artist each week that coincides with the dates we are studying. I then want to make a kind of "art museum" that folds out with an art piece from each artist, then I want an art project that goes with it for the week. I've found american history crafts, I've found artist studies (but not just American), etc. but not really what I'm looking for. If anyone knows of any great book or curriculum that would meet most of these needs, let me know. Also, if this has been discussed previously, please link me.

Thanks

I'm an art teacher to elementary and secondary students, and I honestly feel that you may have a rough time handling frequent weekly changes. Would you consider maybe staying with one artist for two weeks? This may really help you out and would also give your students more time to absorb what the artists brought to art history.

I am not aware of anything other than the Kohl book mentioned. You may have to customize your own lesson plans. One thought would be to check out the National Gallery website and see what resources might be helpful to you. Here is a link to the page for homeschoolers.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One