Menu

Spanish for Children

Suzanne115

Hi -

I am considering "Spanish for Children" for my third grade daughter. If we choose this program, we will probably start it in a few months. We have a few lessons left of "La Clase Divertida 2" that I want to finish first. She loved La Clase Level 1 and most of Level 2, but she has requested something new after she finishes level 2.

Has anyone used "Spanish for Children"? What can you tell me about it?

Thank you,

Suzanne

We finished SFC A and are waiting patiently for B to come out. SFC is more of a grammar approach than an immersion approach. We also use LFC and I appreciate the similarity in the structure of the two programs. I would definitely recommend the DVD. We started with the workbook alone before the DVD was out and we bogged down in it. My dds like the DVD teacher (who wrote the book). She's perky and fun. Even with the DVD you can bog down in some chapters. I don't think there is really enough practice to be mastering some of the stuff. But I haven't found anything I like better...

Edited by Ali in OR

It is grammar intensive, much like their Latin program. So, you are conjugating Spanish verbs in the 2nd chapter. A good grasp of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person and singular and plural would be helpful. I would assume there are also noun declensions in there as well. We used LfC so SfC hasn't been a big leap for us. I love the grammer intense nature of their programs, but some want a program that is vocabulary rich, so this may not be that program. We love the teacher on the DVD. She is funny. HTH.

My 4th grader is using it, but he's only in the second chapter. He's not a big fan...and there's not much reason to be, from what I've seen so far. It's pretty dry. I'm not sure if we'll stick with it or not. He's also taking a class once a week, so it's a supplement for him.