Menu

Color or B&W Laser Printer? Recommendations?

Well, I've spent enough money on ink! I print off too much from ebooks already and am not about to add Math Mammoth too. So I think I am going to have to break down and ask for a laser printer for my birthday. :D

I am thinking probably a B&W one and just doing my color printing from my current printer, but could be easily swayed if the difference in price is not that much. Does a color toner cartridge last as long as a black one does? Does anyone have a laser printer they love and can recommend?

I know... I could google, or spend hours reading Amazon reviews, but I am ~supposed~ to be unpacking and not shopping online for my birthday present :tongue_smilie:so I'm hoping the Hive can help me out!

We always buy Brothers and have never had a problem. They have an all in one on sale at Staples for $119. I was going to buy a new one, but that one doesn't duplex print and that is my favorite function on my mac. However, it looked like a good model. We usually have the 8000 series which does have that function, but they are also bigger in size.

Good luck,