Menu

'Literature Pockets: Aesop's Fables' -- anyone?

Beth in SW WA

While Ben loves all literature and history pockets, I find they work better for children younger than what they recommend. I wouldn't say that a child learns any more beyond what he or she would learn from listening to the story and narrating, but a child who loves papercrafts would enjoy it.

We used the Folktales and Fairy Tales one when my boys were younger. It was one of Ben's favorite memories of school.

For what it's worth, I am reading from Milo Winter's Aesop's Fables this year. We have listened to the Naxos recording of this many times(found here: http://www.amazon.com/Aesops-Fables-Junior-Classics-Aesop/dp/9626342072/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280892305&sr=8-2-spell), but I want to read all of them this year.

I am going to have the boys take turns narrating the story. I will then dictate the moral to them for writing.

Edited by nestof3

Thanks!

After my first homemade lapbook debacle, I now realize that I need a pre-made kit for educational crafts.

I love the looks of the Folktales kit also.

We are just starting a few months of fables, folk tales, myths & fairy tales. I think my little girls would enjoy artsy/craftsy projects to go along with the reading & discussing.

I remember hearing Nathanial Bluedorn say years ago that the only things he remembered from homeschool were the fun projects. I'm the least fun mom on the planet, so this is my feeble attempt. :)

I think fun definitely has its place. And, I am a huge fan of papercrafts. :D Have fun!

Thanks!

After my first homemade lapbook debacle, I now realize that I need a pre-made kit for educational crafts.

I love the looks of the Folktales kit also.

We are just starting a few months of fables, folk tales, myths & fairy tales. I think my little girls would enjoy artsy/craftsy projects to go along with the reading & discussing.

I remember hearing Nathanial Bluedorn say years ago that the only things he remembered from homeschool were the fun projects. I'm the least fun mom on the planet, so this is my feeble attempt. :)