Menu

photography elective online

Just thought I'd pass on a great site I found for my photography-loving/gifted son. Maybe everybody else out there knows about this already - betterphoto.com offers online courses by some pretty prestigious photographers. Not cheap, but an 8-week course is $297 ($20 off with a coupon code "summer20") They've worked with teens before, and my son and I are excited about this course! I'm sure it will be much more beneficial than the local course at our cc.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds cool. Another option - My daughter just finished a unit on photography as part of her year-long visual arts course. We used sconline.com, which is another online photography course by a photographer/photography teacher in Northern California. It offers two options - a self-directed digital textbook, or an online class with instructor feedback. We really liked it, and it was very affordable!

This sounds cool. Another option - My daughter just finished a unit on photography as part of her year-long visual arts course. We used sconline.com, which is another online photography course by a photographer/photography teacher in Northern California. It offers two options - a self-directed digital textbook, or an online class with instructor feedback. We really liked it, and it was very affordable!

Do you know the name of the site? The above url doesn't work. Thanks

Just thought I'd share our good news - my son (15) just won "Best of Show" in photography at our little country fair. Move over Ansel Adams (ha!).

Congratulations to your son, Di3kids! (And remember to keep that information on hand when it's time for him to complete an application for college.)

Regards,

Kareni