Menu

I need spanish curriculum recommendations!

Do you know Spanish? If you can teach Spanish, you might look at Realidades. There are lots of online helps and activities that go along with the textbook. We have used it for two years (two books), but we had a Spanish instructor. This -French- mom could not begin to teach it. If you've had Spanish in the past though, I'll bet you would not have a problem. :001_smile:

We use "So You Really Want To Learn Spanish." (Galore Park)

There's a student book (which you'd want to take to Kinko's and have spiral bound), an instructor book, and an audio CD. (You will want the audio CD. I didn't get it, because I speak Spanish and thought we'd be fine without it. We are. But having the audio on CD would be very helpful and would allow ds to practice listening independently.) I ordered from Book Depository in the UK. Great service. (Free shipping to the US!)

I think that Book 1 and maybe half of Book 2 would be equivalent to 1 high school credit.

It's very low-maintenance, as far as teacher-prep goes, but requires the student to spend time memorizing vocabulary. We just built making flashcards into our day, and ds has a system for reviewing them so he doesn't forget.

i think it would be doable if you don't already speak Spanish, but it's certainly MUCH more doable if you do. There are many exercises that require conversation practice, and you want to be able to help an individual student with that.

Do you know Spanish? If you can teach Spanish, you might look at Realidades. There are lots of online helps and activities that go along with the textbook. We have used it for two years (two books), but we had a Spanish instructor. This -French- mom could not begin to teach it. If you've had Spanish in the past though, I'll bet you would not have a problem. :001_smile:

This is for a friend. She does not know spanish. Infact she was complaining saying she didnt have to know a foreign language in order to graduate LOL

We use "So You Really Want To Learn Spanish." (Galore Park)

There's a student book (which you'd want to take to Kinko's and have spiral bound), an instructor book, and an audio CD. (You will want the audio CD. I didn't get it, because I speak Spanish and thought we'd be fine without it. We are. But having the audio on CD would be very helpful and would allow ds to practice listening independently.) I ordered from Book Depository in the UK. Great service. (Free shipping to the US!)

I think that Book 1 and maybe half of Book 2 would be equivalent to 1 high school credit.

It's very low-maintenance, as far as teacher-prep goes, but requires the student to spend time memorizing vocabulary. We just built making flashcards into our day, and ds has a system for reviewing them so he doesn't forget.

i think it would be doable if you don't already speak Spanish, but it's certainly MUCH more doable if you do. There are many exercises that require conversation practice, and you want to be able to help an individual student with that.

This might work for her. I will tell her about it! Thanks

Any other ideas?