Menu

CTY programs

If your student scores well enough on the relevant section of the SCAT or SAT/ACT he/she can take any of the courses. The humanities courses require a high score on the verbal section and the science & math courses require a high score on the math section. The student only has to take the SCAT once to be in the program through 6th grade. Then in 7th, he/she has to take the SAT/ACT to re-qualify.

Thank you.

Does the EPGY have a cut off of age 13 for applying? Or is that just the cut off for needing to take the online math test? Do you know where I could find out what the qualifying SAT scores are for this program? They list the tests which can be taken, but don't list the scores needed - most other programs do.

The SCAT had a cutoff of the 75th percentile vis-a-vis other test-takers, not sure about the SAT/ACT. Don't forget that the test-takers include kids who are only gifted in one domain so getting to that 75th percentile is not as hard as it sounds at first.

Their website has an eligibility predictor here.

I don't want to start another thread on this :tongue_smilie: so I'll ask here. What should I do about her SAT scores. Because she took the SAT and the SAT I in 8th grade, her scores will be dropped in a few months if I don't request that they be saved. Will this prevent me from having those scores sent to any programs in the future? Is there any way to request that some official reports be sent - sealed to me so I'll have them in the future? I requested that an official report be sent to John Hopkins CTY, but I don't know if others can use that or if each program needs their own "official" copy of her scores. Any help on which ones to send the scores to would be great!

I don't want to start another thread on this :tongue_smilie: so I'll ask here. What should I do about her SAT scores. Because she took the SAT and the SAT I in 8th grade' date=' her scores will be dropped in a few months if I don't request that they be saved. Will this prevent me from having those scores sent to any programs in the future? Is there any way to request that some official reports be sent - sealed to me so I'll have them in the future? I requested that an official report be sent to John Hopkins CTY, but I don't know if others can use that or if each program needs their own "official" copy of her scores. Any help on which ones to send the scores to would be great![/quote']

We operated on the assumption that except for college admissions, we could use a copy of the College Board report mailed to us. We let the Grade 7 SAT scores expire, as we didn't want to have to report them come college application time. Several applications (for camps, academic programs, etc.) have asked for scores, and we've never been asked for verification at all, let alone anything more than a copy of the score report.

We did, however, want to keep a Subject Test score from middle school, so we had to write College Board to request it be saved. The website is very murky on how to do this, but once we found the address, everything went smoothly and we received a letter confirming that the score would be preserved.