Menu

How does Boys & Girls Herodotus compare to Histories?

Can anyone tell me how these 2 compare? I know Boys & Girls Herodotus is for middle school. It has about 300 pages where as Histories of Herodotus has 800+. I will be using Omnibus 1 with a 7th & 9th grader next yr. Would it be enough for the 9th grader to read Boy & Girls too to avoid reading overload? Or will she get so much more out of Histories?

Thanks, Michelle

Can anyone tell me how these 2 compare? I know Boys & Girls Herodotus is for middle school. It has about 300 pages where as Histories of Herodotus has 800+. I will be using Omnibus 1 with a 7th & 9th grader next yr. Would it be enough for the 9th grader to read Boy & Girls too to avoid reading overload? Or will she get so much more out of Histories?

Thanks, Michelle

We got almost through Boys and Girls and then switched to Histories. B&G was way difficult to follow. it's like it cut out too much to make it so short. I ended up reading Histories out loud which worked out fine. Histories has a bunch of maps throughout that make the battles much easier to follow.

I did not find B&G to be a better read (I did not read it all, though). I like that it cuts the s*xual practices out of the book (at least I did not see any), but it was hard to read.

Reading it out loud, as suggested by the other poster, might be a good way to do this. You can skip the crud when you get to it!

I, on the other hand, simply skipped the whole book and did not do that section in Omnibus I. LOL!

Some times I like to say, "Life is too short..."

:001_smile:

I, on the other hand, simply skipped the whole book and did not do that section in Omnibus I. LOL!

Some times I like to say, "Life is too short..."

:001_smile:

But, in that section of Omnibus 1, you gotta love the picture of the cool snake with wings! My oldest used Omnibus 1 in 8th grade. I don't remember any complaining and he used B & G, but I do remember that picture. DS found it when he first flipped through Omnibus, so he read that section first. Middle DS did not use Omnibus, but when he took a 3D art class this spring he wanted to make the snake with wings! LOL

Mandy