Menu

Anyone use a Math workbook from Barnes & Noble...

~FireFly~

for 6 grade? Our 11 yo ds going into the 6 grade and is a struggling reader, although doing much better, is reading Around the World in 80 Days (abbr ver.) and has not gotten much practice with multiplying, fractions/decimals, or dividing. I think MathUSee Delta is not the right material eventhough it's next in line for him-just finshed Gamma (he should be farther in this program) and the other levels are prabably too advanced. So, what do I do? Get the Delta and hop-skip through it then jump into the next book or take a couple of months, do something like Spectrum or MCP from BN, work quickly to cover these concepts and then look at a higher level in MUS? Of course, if there's something he doesn't "get" right away we'll stop and hover there until he gets it, then move on. I'm just not sure what he understands and what he doesn't. YK?

This should be a simple decision, I'm just stuck...and feel there are gaps? maybe? Any thoughts?

~Stephanie

If he learned the material and retained it, and you both liked the program okay, then I would say go into Delta. He doesn't have to do every worksheet on a lesson if he's getting it, so can do a worksheet, do a worksheet or two with the systematic review, take the test, and skip ahead to the things he needs more work on. If you think Delta is going to be too easy for him, then he might move quickly through it, then move on to Epsilon, and Zeta.

You could always talk to a MUS rep and see what they have to say, mainly for reassurance.

• 2 weeks later...