Menu

organization - boxes

I have been inspired by many of the posts on this board, and am trying to get my schoolroom (which is also our dining room) more organized. On someone's blog, I saw shallow cardboard boxes with lids and a place to label on the front, that could be used to store paper. I need them! We have several different types of paper we use regularly (wide rule, college rule, printer, etc), and they are always getting strewn about when the kids grab a piece. I love the idea of having a different, labeled box for each type, stacked on a shelf I already have. Walmart was the only place I could find what I am looking for, but they only had them in white, lime green or brown. I'm hoping for black. I also need standing magazine holders, but these seem to be easier to come by.

Does anyone have a great source for this sort of thing, if you can even picture what I'm looking for?

Thank you!

Aimee

mom to 6 great kids ages 7-19, schooling grades 2, 4, 4, and 7

Now at Walmart they have a section where they keep these cute yellow, brown and green sets with all sorts of components. But, I have seen black ones and maybe white also on a different office/school supply aisle. I think they were in the area where the wire mesh office organizing things are.

Also, check at Michael's...they have gobs of scrapbook stuff.

Thanks all, for the great suggestions. I've discovered they're called "document boxes." The lovely scrapbooking boxes are a bit big for my space constraints, wish they weren't, so many lovely colors! I will check out Ikea and give Walmart another run-through.

Aimee

mom to 6 great kids ages 7-19, schooling grades 2, 4, 4, and 7