Menu

Multi-vitamin for teens

I would highly recommend going to a naturopath. Teens can sometimes get low in different minerals, especially when they have their huge growth spurts. My 14 year old needed a multi-mineral that had plenty of zinc, along with a few others. It did seem to benefit him, mainly with sleep but I noticed his immune system has been great this winter.

I like Whole Foods' 365 brand mutlivitamin. It's not too big for me to swallow, which is an important consideration for me, and it's vegetarian. My teenage daughter takes it too. I can't speak to digestibility, b/c this has never been an issue for me. The 365 has never irritated our stomachs, but neither has any other vitamin we've used.

I would highly recommend going to a naturopath. Teens can sometimes get low in different minerals, especially when they have their huge growth spurts. My 14 year old needed a multi-mineral that had plenty of zinc, along with a few others. It did seem to benefit him, mainly with sleep but I noticed his immune system has been great this winter.

:iagree:

If you cannot get your teen evaluated, and still would like to supplement, I'd go with a chewable vitamin.... I had to take them when I was pregnant since regular pills made me gag!

Does anyone have a brand they recommend - beyond One a Day Teens?

I am looking for something readily digestable that is not too much of a horse pill to swallow (health store brands preferred).

Thanks in advance!

Angela, my 11 yo dd just took her first "teen" multi vitamin today. I've given her gummies in the past (can't remember brand) and that's fine for the very young kids, but she's growing and developing....so I asked her ped and the health food store and they say it's OK to give her the "teen" vitamin. She's 1 year away from being a tween and 2 from the age of 13 so I wanted to ask. The teen vits are more concentrated and there are more ingredients "usually". I bought yesterday, TH and she had her first one today Fri morning of the Source for Life Power Teen for Her. B/c she is on the younger side I give her 1 chewable instead of 2.

2 is the daily dose for teens.

HTH. Sheryl <><

Thanks everyone!

Sheryl - I was looking at that brand - Nature's Plus also makes Power Teen tablets that they sell on vitacost.com (they do not carry the chewables and my Whole Foods does not have them). But some mentioned that those tablets are hard to swallow - too big. Cut them in half - then you have those rough edges which I think make them even harder to swallow!

My little guys take the Nature's Plus Animal Parade chewables and love them! I think they are a very good brand.