Menu

Quick excel question

How, on Microsoft Excel, do I make the writing in a box fill the box's height, not it's width?

I am trying to type out general plans but when I make the height of the box bigger, the typing continues to go length-wise. When I press enter, the box below is highlighted, but that isn't what I want.

Maybe I don't make any sense. Ask for clarification if I am not.

Thanks.

How, on Microsoft Excel, do I make the writing in a box fill the box's height, not it's width?

I am trying to type out general plans but when I make the height of the box bigger, the typing continues to go length-wise. When I press enter, the box below is highlighted, but that isn't what I want.

Thanks.

Try alt-enter instead of just enter.

I would also suggest to click the wrap text box in the formatting palette under the alignment and spacing sub head. Sounds confusing so click the formating palette, look at the sub heads listed in it, click alignment and spacing and then the wrap text box.

Thanks.

Alternatively, select all your cells...<Ctrl>+A will select all..., then click on Format, then Alignment, then click on the box that says "wrap text" so there's a check mark in it.

HTH

Alternatively, select all your cells...<Ctrl>+A will select all..., then click on Format, then Alignment, then click on the box that says "wrap text" so there's a check mark in it.

HTH

Will it always be that way when I type or just for this spreadsheet. If it won't be permanent, how can I make it so?