Menu

Is this enough/right/whatever?

A little girl from tennis will probably die today. (That sounds so callus and unfeeling. "Pass" just doesn't sound right either.) Parents took her off the respirator yesterday. The thought is that she is waiting for her brother and sister to return from Mississippi.

Anyway, with the amount of family coming in, I want to take some food over. I told my baker (middle dd) to make a large batch of cookies. Then she wants to make something else that will be gooey but soo good. I'm going to take over sandwich stuff. I figure not to plan on them having anything in the house. I'll get ham, turkey, cheeses (probably 3 kinds), mustard, mayo, pickles, 3 or 4 kinds of bread, paper plates. I feel like I should get sodas as well but then I look at our budget and don't know if I can squeeze it out as well. Maybe I'll call one of the other moms and see if she can do sodas...

OH! Muffins if I get time to make some. And I'll take it over today. I know one set of grandparents is drove back with the sibs overnight. So they should be here by now.

Does that sound good?

I'd be so thrilled to get anything in that situation. It wouldn't matter if it was "enough". They'll appreciate whatever you do.

Maybe if you do one or two calls, the word will get around and more will show up. Maybe you could suggest cut up vegetables or some fruit for someone else to bring, but don't burn yourself out doing it all.

It sounds wonderful, and I'm sure they will appreciate it.

I wouldn't worry about not having soda, but if you decide to do something more (or talk to another friend), I second the notion of vegetables or fruit ready for snacking. I imagine with all the stress, some extra vitamins would be a good thing.