Menu

X-post: Anybody here teaching a 6th grader & a 9th and/or 10th grader?

Yes I've done this before and I'll be working with both a 6th grader and 10th grader this coming Sept. But we do not do much together at all. I found that high schoolers are working at a much more complex level and wanting to schedule things their own way. I might try to loosely align history and science but just so I don't have too much going on for myself, not really to coordinate the studies of my kids. The 10th grader will be taking several outside classes and works very independently. The 6th grader works on the same schedule as the 4th grader.

I have a rising 8th grader and 10 grader. They did not work together on anything last year but this year they'll do critical thinking together. Our expectations will be different, but honestly, it won't surprise me if the younger one surprises me.

I have a rising 6th grader and 9th grader. We use TOG so we will some things together (history, geography, worldview, maybe church history. We will do Critical Thinking book 1 together, and I am trying to work a plan for science for my 6th grader that will follow Apologia Biology, I may put him with the younger children...still thinking on that one. We may do Spanish together. Both children are doing IEW, and AG this year, but they will do them at their own pace.