Menu

out of the mouths of babes

Ds(4) surprised me in the car this morning. He asked me, out of the blue, if Heaven is invisible. I told him that only the people who are there would know. I don't know.

Ds: "God is everywhere even though we don't see him. Heaven is everywhere too."

a pause

Ds: "Heaven is God."

Me (with big eyes) thinking -- Wow.

But of course he also asked me if the ice cream flavor we had tonight, Martha's Vineyard Black Raspberry, is the same Martha from last week's Gospel reading (Luke). Ummm... No. I don't think Martha's Vineyard is named after Martha of Bethany. :lol: I just love 4 year olds! They're so innocent! (Well... until it comes to their big brother's Legos!)

Edited by zaichiki
NOT Martha Vineyard's -- Martha's Vineyard! Sigh!

I've always said 4 is the BEST age! Old enough to be fairly independent, young enough to be sweet and innocent, and oooooooooooh so imaginative!! (I think the only bad part is the constant stream of "But, why?!" for every. single. little. tiny. thing. you say.)

Ds(4) surprised me in the car this morning. He asked me, out of the blue, if Heaven is invisible. I told him that only the people who are there would know. I don't know.

Ds: "God is everywhere even though we don't see him. Heaven is everywhere too."

a pause

Ds: "Heaven is God."

Me (with big eyes) thinking -- Wow.

But of course he also asked me if the ice cream flavor we had tonight, Martha's Vineyard Black Raspberry, is the same Martha from last week's Gospel reading (Luke). Ummm... No. I don't think Martha's Vineyard is named after Martha of Bethany. :lol: I just love 4 year olds! They're so innocent! (Well... until it comes to their big brother's Legos!)

Very cute. I love age 4.