Menu

Childhood of Famous Americans (COFA) series

Aloha2U

I did a lot of my collecting by buying sets on ebay. They're all great, though certainly some are more rare or valuable than others. They average around $3.50-$4 in value, though some are worth $10-15. I would suggest buying one of those sets on ebay as a good way to start. I think it's a lot more important to buy the old edition oop version (NOT the silhouettes), because these oop versions have added features in the back that the new paperbacks do not (timelines, comprehension questions, activities, etc.). My dd enjoyed using those features, so I'd definitely lean that way. The new paperbacks don't last very well, personal opinion.

There are I think about 220 COFA's (give or take a few, plus the newer titles). Just start collecting. You'll like them all. :)

Well, I don't have favorites really as I didn't read most of them (left that for my dc) . . .

Personally, I picked out many of the ones about women to try to balance out the typical history books that omit many so many women. I think that's a nice and easy way to put some heroines in my kids' heads along with all the heros. . .