Menu

Looking for Blog's using Beyond Five in a Row

Tina in WA

Thanks so much for sharing (both blogs and advice)! I have all 3 vol. of beyond and I am really stewing on using it with 2 of my children next year. I really want to see pictures of the lapbook folder things too. I just don't know if they are worth the money.

I have tried a couple times to joing the FAIR forum to ask quesitons, but for some reason I am never approved. Starting to wonder if I am on a "do not accept list" or something. LOL Just kidding. But I do go through the process and get to the point where it says waiting approval, but no luck yet. Hoping 3rd time is a charm (even emailed the moderators, but no luck still).

I did search the particular area for beyond FIAR, but I couldn't find any blogs... I am a wee bit frustrated with that group/site, so I decided to come ask my tried and true WTM'ers posters. :-)

Thanks again for your help!

~Tina

http://blogshewrote.blogspot.com/

This lady has a great blog. She is a hard core FIAR/BYFiar user. I think you will like it of you have not already seen it.

HTH,

Penny

Thanks for the link. I saw her blog last night and it is amazing! Looks like she plans a LOT of her own notebooks/lapbook things too. I am definately going to look at her blog a little more. ~Tina

Heather's blog (blog she wrote) is really great. I love her post on planning this year, and how she does grammar. She is probably the only blog I faithfully follow. There is another one here that was good that I followed for a while as they did their FIAR stuff but I haven't looked at it in a while. http://www.theshadesofpink.com/ Here is another good one, but I am not quite sure if she has Beyond on there or not http://blog.aussiepumpkinpatch.com/search/label/unit%20study

One last help, there is a lady Kendall that is a wealth of information, and this is one of her posts that I saved that was a ton of help for me when we started into BY.

From Kendall

"My dd does lots of BY work independently. Here's how BYFIAR looks at my house:

Monday: Read selected chapter(s) together. We each have a copy of the book and alternate reading pages/chapters aloud.

Tuesday: We discuss/I teach selected lessons for the week. (The number of lessons varies.) I assign independent work due at the end of the week. Independent assignments usually include additional research on a person or topic. I try to be creative in assignments and allow her freedom on how she wants to present her material. (All of her work is keep in a 3-prong folder. She has one for each BY title. It is sort of lapbooking meets notebooking. )

Wednesday - Friday: My dd works on her own on her assignments. I avail myself to questions and assistance if needed.

That's it! You can tweak this system for both of your girls by giving age appropriate assignments. For example, your 10yo may do more writing"

HTH! If you want to PM me, I can go to FIAR and see what the hold up is on the help board, or Pm Steve and Jane. ;)

Thanks so much for the response and the details on that one ladies schedule. That is helpful! I will have 2 I am using this with next year. I think we will really enjoy it. I like having 1 prong binder for each book, too.

I was finally approved today! WAHOO! took a while, but it finally happened! I will mark this thread. I just may take you up on that offer if I am "stuck".

Thanks again!

~Tina