Menu

My 'quiet' evening.

Ok, you guys want a laugh at my expense?

Earlier today dh and I decided we were both 'checking out' for the evening...kids watching movies in their room, he in his office reading/playing on the computer, and me enjoying the quiet on the other end of the house. After dinner, we decided to go on our bike ride before settling down for the evening. About 1/3 of the way into our ride, I accidentally ran over a bottle that was FILLED with a liquid/cigarette/tobacco mixture. (I had the beginnings of a migraine, and the sun was REALLY bothering my eyes, so I wasn't seeing well) It of course exploded and shot ALL OVER dh. After I quit dying of laughter and apologizing, we headed straight back home so he could "wash the hepatitis off" (yeah, I think he was unhappy..lol)

Well, we get about halfway back and my cell rings. The kids are frantic because the toilet is overflowing, got flushed again while still over flowing, and it's running out into the hallway. Good thing we are already on our way back huh?

We get home and EVERY towel in the house is piled up in the bathroom, steeped in toilet water, and poor dh is desperate for a shower. I found a dry towel hanging up in the bathroom for him, and then proceeded to mop up 2 inches of water out of the bathroom floor. It was bad enough that it ran out about 3 feet from the bathroom door onto the carpet, AND seeped under the wall into the girls bathroom.

But it's clean...everyone is on the other end of the house and it's QUIET!

Edited by Apryl H

It's either laugh or cry..;)

One of my daughters was sobbing when we got home, because she was the 2nd flusher and started the massive flood...so I had to keep my feelings in check so she wouldn't feel even worse!

As I sat on the edge of the tub wringing out the um-teenth dripping towel...I kept saying to myself: I'm thankful for running water. I'm thankful for indoor plumbing. I'm thankful for having kids. I'm thankful for a house...etc.

As I sat on the edge of the tub wringing out the um-teenth dripping towel...I kept saying to myself: I'm thankful for running water. I'm thankful for indoor plumbing. I'm thankful for having kids. I'm thankful for a house...etc.

Good for you!!!! I need to remember your patience next time something overflows, blows up, or falls apart over here! I'm really working hard on praying my way through fiascos!

Glad you were able to get some quiet after all that!