Menu

Can I used MCT's Caesar's English I by itself?

kailuamom

Yes. The only thing you'll miss out on wrt vocabulary is the reinforcement you'd find in the other components. However, the words chosen are all relatively common in classic children's literature, and a quick search of Gutenberg or Google Books (choose "full view only") will give you plenty of examples of passages you can print out for reinforcement.

(w/o the whole Town series?)

Just curious...

Thanks in advance!

All the MCT books in the curriculum can be used individually as stand alones, but with the cumulative ones (Caesar's English 1 and 2; Word Within a Word 1, 2 and 3 and Magic Lens 1,2, and 3), you had best start with the first. This may be obvious but still worth saying!

All the MCT books in the curriculum can be used individually as stand alones, but with the cumulative ones (Caesar's English 1 and 2; Word Within a Word 1, 2 and 3 and Magic Lens 1,2, and 3), you had best start with the first. This may be obvious but still worth saying!

We started our MCT adventure last fall with all of the books in the Voyage level with my then 6th grader. I would agree with Rachael, not because I don't think you could jump in with CE II, but because once we discovered how wonderful CE is, we wished we had taken advantage of the first book.:D You don't have to worry about the vocabulary complemented the other components if you are using it as a stand alone. However, the greatest beauty and strength in the program is how it all ties together.

My favorite part of the vocabulary is that my son encounters the words often in his reading. This didn't happen in an obvious way when we used Sadlier -which I really liked for the test scores.

It's all good!