Menu

Oh for the love of Fountain Pens...

flobee76

I am still somewhat new to this message board. I have seen threads here and there about fountain pens, but never read them. I have always had a strange love for fountain pens. I used them in highschool and was thought to be a weirdo. My dad introduced me to fountain pens when I was young and I've had a weird pen-thing ever since. :D Anyway, I digress...

My little soon-to-be first grader girl loves to write, but complains of her hand hurting. She writes VERY hard and I think (after what I have read) this can help her in that area.

Can someone recommend a "starter" fountain pen for her? Also... is there ink that's WASHABLE?! :tongue_smilie:

I don't know about ink that is washable, but we just bought the Pilot Petit 1 pens over at jetpens.com (someone recommended them on another thread) and I have never seen such diligently working children in my life. I used fountain pens during and after college, and used to buy antique ones at flea markets. I love them, and I'm so glad these threads reminded me about them!

I'm pretty sure I read that Staples carried them but I couldn't find them. I didn't look super hard though since I had other things I needed to get. Soo, if you know what area these are in, could you enlighten me? Pen area, specialty area?

I checked a couple of different Staples stores, and the only fountain pens they carried were very corporate-looking Parker pens. Amazon carries the Pilot Varsity packs, and a wide selection of other fountain pens, but not the Pilot Petit for some reason.

Jackie