Menu

Has anyone used softspike curlers or sassy curlers?

henna.htmlSo, I have this hair that, well,.....has an attitude problem. It is petulent and behaves like a moody adolescent. I am TRYING to make myself a bit more presentable as I realized that looking like I perpetually "just got outta' the pool" doesn't really look stylish. :glare:

So, to that end I thought that maybe I would try to train some of the waves/curls that are in the front to.....behave. As we "speak" my hair is in a time-out in a clip.

I will change my avatar to my most recent pic if I can figure out how. Until then....any thoughts?

Ok, apparently linking from within is not in the cards today. A pic of the back is here. It was taken the day I put henna on it, so the curl was relaxed. I firmed it up with amla:

http://ohmynoodness.blogspot.com/2008/08/henna.html

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

I have no experience with hair like yours (mine is flat and I'm always trying to get it LESS relaxed.).

From a flat-haired girl: Have you heard about the non-shampooing method of taming curly hair? It seems to be well liked among some of the ladies here. Hopefully a few of them will speak up.

Here's a link: http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

Edited by darlasowders

Thanks, Darla. Yes, I do a modified curlygirl routine. (A sorta low-poo instead of no-poo).

I spent the first 35 years of my life with stick-straight hair, so I get what you are saying. It turned wavy/curly/wurly after the birth of my youngest. (I tell people that spending 5 straight hours in the pool must have curled my hair, but I doubt it was that. ;) )

Mungo, I have always thought that your hair looked so cute! Both of my daughters have wavy/curly hair. My oldest wears it short, but is growing it out and my youngest (whose birth brought the curls to my own head) has cute spirals and lately I have been braiding it. We know how humid it is outside by how much her hair seizes up/shrinks. My mother will walk into the room and say, "oh, it must be HUMID out there! Claire is a mess of curls!"

Mungo, I have always thought that your hair looked so cute! Both of my daughters have wavy/curly hair. My oldest wears it short, but is growing it out and my youngest (whose birth brought the curls to my own head) has cute spirals and lately I have been braiding it. We know how humid it is outside by how much her hair seizes up/shrinks. My mother will walk into the room and say, "oh, it must be HUMID out there! Claire is a mess of curls!"

I know what you mean! People are always asking "did you get your hair cut?" and I'm always saying "no, it's raining." :lol:

I know what you mean! People are always asking "did you get your hair cut?" and I'm always saying "no, it's raining." :lol:

That's funny and I can totally relate. Here is a blog post from last year and a pic. I think you can probably relate to the blog post: (I'm the one on the left)

http://ohmynoodness.blogspot.com/2009/08/high-school-reunion.html