Menu

Thoughts on Switched on Schoolhouse US History

My dd went through her first SOS program this year....state history. She felt like she retained more knowledge through it than she did with BJU history texts and thinks it might be a better way to learn this years 11th grade American History. Any thoughts on SOS American History?

I have heard great review for SOS, and I used three of their subjects so far, and I didn't enjoy them. I learned a lot of things from math,science and english, but unless your daughter is really good at retaining all of the info without looking back at it, then don't but this.

But I digress, I am going to be trying SOS 10th grade history this year, so I can't exactly tell you if it works, but I am kind of excited to try this, since I am good in history on the computer.

I am also interested and am looking forward to the comments other people have.:001_smile::001_smile:

We've used some SOS and LifePacs. I like it for graduation requirements that must be fulfilled. It is a curriculum to "check off the box". If I were to use it for American History, I would add lots of outside reading.

There have been times when fill -in-the blank boxed curriculum would have been our best choice. If you think it s a good fit for your family this year, then follow your own instincts. There have been times in the past when I felt one thing was best for us, but I let others influence my decision TOO much and ended up regretting it.

I would add in some extra reading, books on CD, or documentaries to add interest and information to a somewhat dry fill in the blank format.