Menu

One last A Reason for Handwriting levels "T" "C" question

Aludlam

I'm placing my finally orders today for our upcoming school year. I have already gotten some advice on A reason for handwriting from some of you, but I have another question. I was planning on ordering both the "T" book (dd8 needs no real manuscript practice, but has no experience with cursive) and the "C" book (to begin after "T"). This is the year that I want everything ordered and in front of me before the year begins. I read on an Amazon review that if you do "T" that you don't need "C" and vice versa. I need your opinions please!

thanks so much

Angela

I usually to have my 2nd graders do T and then C, but my last 2nd grader didn't need the extra printing practice and jumped ahead to the cursive part of the T book. In retrospect, I should have just done C with her in 2nd grade, so that is what I am doing for my rising 2nd grader this year. My olders needed more priniting practice than these next two need. So, if you have one with pretty good manuscript, I would just do C. HTH.

I usually to have my 2nd graders do T and then C, but my last 2nd grader didn't need the extra printing practice and jumped ahead to the cursive part of the T book. In retrospect, I should have just done C with her in 2nd grade, so that is what I am doing for my rising 2nd grader this year. My olders needed more priniting practice than these next two need. So, if you have one with pretty good manuscript, I would just do C. HTH.

So, how much instruction/practice does book C have for the letters?

thanks

Angela

We went from T to D. T takes us more than a year, but we use some of the printing practice. I think of T as an economical choice because it costs the same as the other books if I recall correctly but it has a lot more in it. We were fine going into D after T. We needed to ease into T a bit--my kids needed to trace cursive before writing it and I spent some time making StartWrite worksheets for them to trace before diving into T.

The T book is the one that actually teaches the cursive. It has three main sections: print copywork lessons, learning cursive lessons, cursive copywork lessons.

C is cursive copywork lessons.

I'd start with T, then go to D.

I just looked at the sample pages for C,D,E and F -- I really don't see any real differences in any of these. Is it just the practicing of different strokes, or do the line sizes get smaller? Do you really miss anything if you skip C?

thanks so much

Angela