Menu

Am I crazy? Rethinking next year's plan...

ccouch

I thought I had everything all planned out, but I'm starting to change my mind on some things.

My plan is/was to do Galloping the Globe with my 1st grader. I'm pulling in some of the book selections from MFW ECC, so it'll be a little of both, I guess. I'm excited about it. I've got everything I need. Ready to go, but.....

MFW Adventures is really calling to me!! I know that I could do GtG/ECC this year (1st grade) and then go back to Adventures next year (2nd), but part of me is really wanting to do Adventures this year.

- The reading selections might be a little too easy for her a year from now. (She's an advanced reader.)

- I kinda like the idea having American history down before "traveling" the world.

So, am I completely crazy?? Is this normal to be rethinking curriculum like this?! :tongue_smilie:

Should I just stick with what I've got, or shelf it and go with Adventures this upcoming year?

We are doing Galloping the Globe 4 days a week and US history on Fridays. Budget permitting, what if you did the opposite - MFW Adv on M-Th and then a light GtG on Fridays? On Friday you could color a map/flag, read a few books and do an activity?

We are doing Galloping the Globe 4 days a week and US history on Fridays. Budget permitting, what if you did the opposite - MFW Adv on M-Th and then a light GtG on Fridays? On Friday you could color a map/flag, read a few books and do an activity?

That's the key for me changing my mind. Is it a responsibly affordable option?

Monica, that sounds like a fun idea! We're actually involved in a co-op that meets on Fridays, so school here is just 4 days a week.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in my indecision or mind-changing! :laugh:

I'm going to think on this a bit more, but DD overheard me talking about changing things up and she's asking to do American history. I think since the 4th of July just passed and we talked lots about the founding of our country, she's really interested.

Honestly, I probably couldn't go wrong, right? I'll do one of them this year and the other next year. Just a matter of deciding which to do first :D

If your budget doesn't permit you to do MFW adventures next year, you could pick up Cantering the Country to use with Galloping the Globe. We did GTG and LOVED it! A friend who used CTC told me it was just as much fun.

Blessings!

Dorinda