Menu

HELP! Abeka Grammar/Comp. and writing strand question-9th grade

I have ABeka grammar and composition III and writing strand level 5. I'm in a quandry. Do I do the grammar in Abeka and skip all the composition and do writing strand level 5 or do I need to do some of the Abeka composition lessons that aren't really covered in writing strands like outlining, essays, etc. etc. I don't know why but I can't seem to get a handle on this. Thank you ladies so verymuch ahead of time. Writing has always been our weaker subject.

Cindy

I have ABeka grammar and composition III and writing strand level 5. I'm in a quandry. Do I do the grammar in Abeka and skip all the composition and do writing strand level 5 or do I need to do some of the Abeka composition lessons that aren't really covered in writing strands like outlining, essays, etc. etc. I don't know why but I can't seem to get a handle on this. Thank you ladies so verymuch ahead of time. Writing has always been our weaker subject.

Cindy

Are you committed to ABeka? Because if you're not, my advice would be to toss it altogether and do Easy Grammar Plus along with your Writing Strands. If you need something for outlining, buy something specifically for that. Essays will be covered later in Writing Strands.

Thank you. We've actually done Easy Grammar Plus. I think I worry so that she's not getting all she needs in writing. So would you suggest continuing the writing strands til you go thru writing exposition?

Thanks,

Cindy

If I were hsing again, I would make every effort to use all the WS levels. We were finished hsing by the time they were all published and I was only able to use parts of a couple of levels, but I love the way WS teaches. You can't go wrong with it.

Your dd isn't supposed to get more grammar from her writing; she's supposed to use her grammar in her writing. You'll want to correct for that when you evaluate her assignments.

If you think she needs review, she could use the new Ultimate books.