Menu

Hewitt Homeschooling History of US syllabus/tests

Hoggirl

I am still pondering history for my to-be grade six ds for next year. It occurred to me that we might do one semester of "world history" (medieval) and one semester of US history. I was thinking of maybe doing 1/2 of the History of US books using the Hewitt Homeschooling syllabus and tests. Has anyone used these? What are they like? It says it is only 29 pages long. Is that just the syllabus part? I thinking the tests will be mighty short if that page count includes the tests.

Any help?

Thanks!

Cynthia

and the answer key states there is no right answer, but it does give guidance on how to grade the essay. It also has important facts or figures that should be included. In the beginning it says to give extra credit on an essay if the student has defense for his opinion (discuss this with student first), and for developing thoughts and reasoning.

These are very short answers and minimal guidance - this was not meant to be a writing class. But I think it is sufficient for me.

Can anyone compare the Hewitt tests to the tests from Oxford University on Amazon for $50.00?

I don't know how to link but I will try....

A History of US: Assessment Book: Books 1-10 (History of Us) (Paperback)

by Oxford University Press (Creator)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0195153480/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance