Menu

Teaching Company and M.U.S. questions (unrelated)

First, Teaching Company.

I have never listened to lectures on CD before and I wonder how you helped them stick with your dc.

Did they take notes while listening? Did they summarize afterward? Anything else?

I got the first 12 lectures of American Literature on CD from my library and just wondered how to get the best out of it.

Now, onto M.U.S. question.

Is anyone else having trouble reading the menu options on the DVD? I can see the words, but just barely. I can see the whiteboard and him fine, its just the menu options. I have tried re-adjusting my TV's color and such, but it does nothing. Anyone else?

Thanks.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

What is wrong with the MUS menu options? Are they too small, the same color as the background, etc? I've never had any problems. I'd call MUS and tell them what's going on.

What is wrong with the MUS menu options? Are they too small, the same color as the background, etc? I've never had any problems. I'd call MUS and tell them what's going on.

I think I will call them.

The words are just really faint. They seem to blend in with the background, but not really.

It is really hard to explain. I can read it, but it is just annoying.

I might try on our living room TV and see if that fixes it. My TV is really small.

• 2 weeks later...

The two TC lectures we used were from the library (on the Odyssey and High School History--we loved the first, hated and dropped the second). They both came with a very small booklet that contained an outline of the lectures and a few questions for comprehension that could be used for writing assignments (but no answers).

I swiped the booklet and told ds to take notes on the lectures, and then show me the notes. He needed a ton of help to learn how to take notes on lectures (he has his own system--made the Dean's List twice this year in college, so it works for him so far, but it's SO not my way! :D). I could show him the outlines after seeing his notes and we could go over what info he missed. Figuring out what was important enough to jot down was really hard for him.

B/C we were using Omnibus, we had other support materials for The Odyssey, so I didn't make him do too much else with the TC stuff. TC lectures were just boring to him, so that pretty much killed my hopes of using them for high school.

I WILL be watching Susan's, tho! LOL:D