Menu

Wall Timeline of only American History

mom31257

Hey! My dd, also 7, and I are going to be doing our own American History study this next year for 2nd grade. I'm using the lapbooks from A Journey Through Learning to guide us and lots of extra books. I'm planning on making our own time line using a large pack of colored word strip cards I never used for 1st grade. So, no, I don't have a wall timeline yet for American History, but I though I'd let you know we're in the same boat for history this year. I would love to see a good example of how in-depth a 7yo can handle with American History.

Hey! My dd, also 7, and I are going to be doing our own American History study this next year for 2nd grade. I'm using the lapbooks from A Journey Through Learning to guide us and lots of extra books. I'm planning on making our own time line using a large pack of colored word strip cards I never used for 1st grade. So, no, I don't have a wall timeline yet for American History, but I though I'd let you know we're in the same boat for history this year. I would love to see a good example of how in-depth a 7yo can handle with American History.

I am putting together my own study using The Complete Book of US History and DK's Children's Encyclopedia of American history as spines (ds loves non-fiction books), but adding in lots of books as well. I am probably going to make a blog or something to post my plans and what we do. My dd is doing SL Core 100, so I thought he should study American history in one year, too.

I am putting together my own study using The Complete Book of US History and DK's Children's Encyclopedia of American history as spines (ds loves non-fiction books), but adding in lots of books as well. I am probably going to make a blog or something to post my plans and what we do. My dd is doing SL Core 100, so I thought he should study American history in one year, too.

We are also doing American History next year for 2nd grade. I am using The Story of the USA book 1 and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0963930737/ref=oss_product .

I also bought the Sonlight "Book of Time" and will enter the American History dates in it. I loved the review from the Mom who said her college aged son still treasured his.

I am super excited and given that we live within an hour of Williamsburg and Jamestown I can't wait for some great hands one learning opportunities.

We are also doing American History next year for 2nd grade. I am using The Story of the USA book 1 and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0963930737/ref=oss_product .

I also bought the Sonlight "Book of Time" and will enter the American History dates in it. I loved the review from the Mom who said her college aged son still treasured his.

I am super excited and given that we live within an hour of Williamsburg and Jamestown I can't wait for some great hands one learning opportunities.

I looked at that book, but noticed it is for all of history. What are your plans for the rest of the book? Will you use it to fill in when you study ancients and other time periods?

That is great you are so close to Williamsburg. We are considering going for the homeschool days in September.

I looked at that book, but noticed it is for all of history. What are your plans for the rest of the book? Will you use it to fill in when you study ancients and other time periods?

That is great you are so close to Williamsburg. We are considering going for the homeschool days in September.

Yes we will fill in the rest as we cover more of History. I like the idea of it being a keepsake for him instead of doing a time line on the wall. The first thing we are going to enter is his Birth, and those of family members.