Menu

Combining HOD LHFHG and Memoria Press Kindergarten

jer2911mom

Hi,

Is anyone considering combining HOD LHFHG and Memoria Press Kindergarten? I like elements of both but can't decide if it would just be overkill. My dd is so excited to "do school". This will be our first year homeschooling and I have a 2 year old as well. I have bought LHFHG but I like that MP has the memory work that I might not think to do (address & phone no., poems, prayers, pledge, etc.) and I'm thinking of using their phonics program. I was already considering supplementing Singapore EB with R&S anyway. And I like the MP read-alouds. I'm thinking I would mainly have to watch the writing to make sure it isn't overkill. Has anyone combined these two or is anyone planning to?

Thanks!

Well, I have been trying to decide between these two programs and My Father's World kindergarten. There are elements of all three programs that I love, but also - frankly - elements that I am not so crazy about. ;)

Like you, I really love the memory work and story selections from Memoria Press.

I like the science lessons and character training from MFW, and I have heard so *many* positive stories about this particular year of MFW.

I like the Storytime Bible and memory verses from HoD. I also love the fact that the program makes it super easy to choose your own handwriting, phonics, and math programs. We are also looking at doing Right Start math, by the way.

Trying to make a decision among these three good choices is truly driving me nuts. I had hoped not to cobble together my own program this year, but the way things are looking . . . :confused:

Guest mrsjamiesouth
Hi,

Is anyone considering combining HOD LHFHG and Memoria Press Kindergarten? I like elements of both but can't decide if it would just be overkill. My dd is so excited to "do school". This will be our first year homeschooling and I have a 2 year old as well. I have bought LHFHG but I like that MP has the memory work that I might not think to do (address & phone no., poems, prayers, pledge, etc.) and I'm thinking of using their phonics program. I was already considering supplementing Singapore EB with R&S anyway. And I like the MP read-alouds. I'm thinking I would mainly have to watch the writing to make sure it isn't overkill. Has anyone combined these two or is anyone planning to?

Thanks!

I am combining LHFHG, LBC Grade 1 and some pieces of classical (SOTW, FLL, and Songschool Latin.)

I think you should buy pieces that you love from each, but not the full curriculums.