Menu

graduation gift ideas please!

Guest janainaz

Guest janainaz

My little SIL's are graduating today - one is an 8th grade promotion and the other is graduationing high school. We also have two family weddings to attend and we can't break the bank with gifts. I need some graduation gift ideas for the girls. The older SIL just celebrated her 18th birthday and I had her graduation photo framed and did some special/sentimental stuff with that. I'm blank, so all ideas are welcome. Dh wanted to 'do' something with them, but other than dinner, I'm not sure what.

Thanks!

8th grade graduation isn't a "real" graduation in my book, so a card and $20 would be about right in my book (birthday equivalent)

For high school, I'd go with cash unless there is a specific item you know she wants/needs and you can pick it out. Amount would vary with your family habits and budget. For me, it'd probably be $100 for a family member or very close family friend. (Less for more distant acquaintances.)

I gave my niece 1lb. of jelly beans in the colors of her high school contained in a jelly jar with a ribbon (also in her HS colors). I couldn't do the traditional cash gift and I thought this was "outside of the box".

That is adorable!!!!!!!! What a great idea for a thoughtful, fun, gift when cash isn't in the budget! You could even go bigger for a more showy but still very affordable gift!

I am going to steal that sometime!!