Menu

Would you purchase...?

Liberty's Kids or Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego if you didn't *need* anything, but just wanted something fun to help the learning process along?

We don't do a lot of DVDs, but I was thinking of these. They're not really costly, but these things add up in a hurry. It's around $50 for the first and $25 for the second. I've got $30 in Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my account.... :001_smile:

I bought Liberty's Kids. It's 6 DVD's and my kids have really enjoyed them. I have Netflix, but I thought the price was reasonable enough to just purchase them. I didn't buy the Carmen San Diego sets, we'll rent those. They aren't sequential, so I figured it didn't matter if we couldn't watch them in order. Maybe the "play now" feature is a better deal, but my kids would have to watch them on the computer and I'd rather be on the computer! :001_smile:

I bought Liberty's Kids. It's 6 DVD's and my kids have really enjoyed them. I have Netflix, but I thought the price was reasonable enough to just purchase them. I didn't buy the Carmen San Diego sets, we'll rent those. They aren't sequential, so I figured it didn't matter if we couldn't watch them in order. Maybe the "play now" feature is a better deal, but my kids would have to watch them on the computer and I'd rather be on the computer! :001_smile:

They will send you this disc- I don't know all the details but basically we can use our playstation 3 to watch any of our 'Play now" items through our TV. Not sure what other ways it can be done, but I love that we can do that.

In that manner, my husband and I have been watching "Lost" via Netflix since it's on "play now" and we can watch it on our TV! We recently finished Season 1 and started Season 2.

I would definitely buy Liberty's Kids. I watched it when it was originally on TV and it was really amazing. However, if either show was being shown on any TV channel, I would wait. In my area there is a channel called Qubo which is kids' TV shows all the time, and has a lot of older PBS-type shows on it. I'd check that, for example, before I bought it.

When I was younger, I used to watch Liberty's Kids and I loved it! I believe it was on our local news channel at 7 every Sunday morning.

I still watch it today and I'm now 16 :)

I also love the Magic School Bus and always nab the free movies that they give away at the library :tongue_smilie:

I learn a lot of things from both, so yes, I would definitely buy Liberty's Kids and the Magic School Bus, even though that wasn't an option.

I used to own Where On Earth is Carmen Sandiago for the computer. Loved that game :)