Menu

Do your kids play sports?

Sports and clubs are big in our family. It really is the only time the children are away from me. They learn teamwork and to listen to other adults. I am not a sports or athletic person so this is perfect for me. We are struggling a bit right now because the activites are getting expensive for the three ($40-$80) a child and because of where I live I would have to drive a hour to and from the activity because they don't offer much here because there are no parent volunteers and I am not a take charge person outside the home to become a parent coach.

How important to you feel it is to have children involved in sports?

If the child repeatedly asked I MIGHT think about it. I had them both in self defence for almost 2 months. Had to take them out because my ds was reacting to something there. It took the instructor several weeks before she could talk normally to me in church. It seemed to reflect on HER? She was much more concerned with what was going on with the group and how wonderful it would look to have them recite the creed after being there such a short time than what was going on with our child and in our family. This is the kind of thing I have come up against in the past.

SO for us it isn't improtant AT. ALL.

By the way, I would say your kids are doing great and have outside interests. I wouldn't be all that concerned with what the medical profession 'think' about you and your children beyond being healthy physically.

This thread has been interesting to read.

Just something to share, for what it's worth. My dh played various team sports in high school and college and I played none-zilch. So we each had very different experiences when it came to youth/young adult sports. What I find interesting is that we BOTH can play on a team, have "team spirit", play well with others, have good sportsmanship, show courtesy to others, etc. Also, we are both physically fit and encourage our dc to be active as well(however they choose to be active-at the park with us or in a sports program).

When it came to sports, we had 2 very different experiences. I don't know, just thinking out loud.:001_smile: