Menu

Anybody ever returned an appliance?

We bought a new dishwasher a couple of weeks ago and are very unhappy with it. It's not cleaning the dishes. There's even some sort of rust stain on a few of our white dishes. Our old dishwasher, that was physically falling apart, cleaned everything with no problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever returned a dishwasher or other appliance?

Thanks. DH called the store and they told us we had 30 days to return it. I'm pretty sure we're going to do this.

I wish I would have done this. We bought a Maytag Quiet series 200 3 years ago and I hated it from the beginning. It never did clean well, and now parts are falling off of it. So we're replacing it after only 3 years. I wish I would have returned it in the beginning.

Want to tell us what kind it is?;)

It's a Samsung DMR78. It doesn't get the dishes clean and it leaves the dishes very wet, even using the extra heat cycle.

We've found that you have to be super careful how you load the dishwasher. If it doesn't have good access to a sprayer, it won't come clean. I just washed a non-stick pan for the 3rd time and it's still not clean. With our old dw, we could load it any old way and things came clean. We didn't get the same model (Maytag) because DH had to do repairs on it after just 3 years (we kept it for 7.5 years). At least it got the dishes clean, though!

Okay, ranting over. :D

I wish I would have done this. We bought a Maytag Quiet series 200 3 years ago and I hated it from the beginning. It never did clean well, and now parts are falling off of it. So we're replacing it after only 3 years. I wish I would have returned it in the beginning.

Want to tell us what kind it is?;)

I think that's the same one we had! I know it was a Maytag Quiet Series. After a several months to a year, it wasn't so quiet anymore. It leaked out of one corner, and Maytag sent a repair man who made it leak more and broke the door. Then another repair man fixed it. Then, after three years, the handle broke, and it wouldn't operate anymore. We were told it could be very expensive to repair that type of problem, so we just bought a new dishwasher (GE this time) about six months ago.

Edited by Jinnah

I think that's the same one we had! I know it was a Maytag Quiet Series. After a several months to a year, it wasn't so quiet anymore. It leaked out of one corner, and Maytag sent a repair man who made it leak more and broke the door. Then another repair man fixed it. Then, after three years, the handle broke, and it wouldn't operate anymore. We were told it could be very expensive to repair that type of problem, so we just bought a new dishwasher (GE this time) about six months ago.

Our handle broke too! And it's LOUD. Makes a grinding noise. And the glasses never get clean.

It doesn't leak yet though.:001_huh: