Menu

TOG and Classical Composers/ Artists

angelmorris

Those of you using TOG... do you feel it covers composers/artists adequately? I am just starting out using it and didn't know if they would be covered well or if I need to do more for that area :bigear:

At what age? I have younger kids who love Mike Venezia books, so I bought all his composer books and used those instead. The Gift of Music just didn't look all that appealing for the young crowd. It wasn't really about coverage here, just wasn't what appealed to my kids.

Heather

Here's my plan - not sure if I'll follow through though. I bought this book

http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Great-Artists-Hands-Children/dp/0935607099

Discovering great artists

and I also bought Sister Wendy's 1000 masterpieces. Every week in year 4 it seems you are studying a different artist. Most of the artists studied has a project in the great artists book and a painting or two in the sister wendy book. So, I plan on having the kids do a project every week or every other week while they hear about the artist (from the TOG notes) and look at their paintings. There are also plenty of links on the TOG site for the artists and composers.

Beth