Menu

Spellingcity.com vs. spellingtime.com-what's your fave and why?

HappyGrace

They look really similar and I'm not sure which one is the generally preferred site? :confused: Thanks!

We use spellingtime. My kids prefer it and will beg to use it - it is more interactive, better graphics, and rewards with quick games.

We tried spellingcity. Sometimes I will still go there and print out a word search. When we tried it as the main program but my kids were bored with the program by the end of the first week. That was my experience.

I have to agree with Cindyg. We love Spellingcity. Honestly, I've never heard of spellingtime.com (but I will probably check it out now). We use Spelling Workout so I just enter the list from the book. Their second, or third, day of working on a lesson they get to do Spellingcity for spelling. So, they use it once for each lesson. My girls love it.

Marsha

We used SpellingCity all last year. I just made up spelling lists using words from the books my kids were reading. One reason I prefer SpellingCity is because you have access to lists other people have input. If you search the name of a book, chances are you will find a spelling list someone else has made up for that book. You can use their list as-is ("Import" it) or just get ideas for appropriate words for it.

We used SpellingTime for a while, but my kids outgrew it pretty quickly. It's kind of cartoony. My youngest daughter did like dressing up her avatar! SpellingCity is free, though, and that was also a consideration.