Menu

Sea World Orlando

My dh has some friends visiting from Colombia that are staying down in the Orlando area. They have asked if we want to meet them at Sea World tomorrow.

We are Disney people so we have never been to Sea World. I am mainly concerned about my ds who is only 6 months old. Is there enough shade/cool spots for him? Normally I would say no to theme parks in the middle of summer, but my dh has not seen his friend in several years.

Thanks for any input.

We're SeaWorld people. There is more shade at Disney but you can find it at SeaWorld. You can find shade at most of the shows if you don't mind sitting in the back. There are a few indoor shows as well. A lot of the animal exhibits are indoors or shaded as well. There are some shaded places outside to sit and of course indoor places to drink / eat. I don't think you would have a problem - we see so many babies when we're there. Of course, we avoid Orlando completely in the summer.:tongue_smilie:

We have annual passes to there and aquatica. Hmm..for cooling off there is the Wild Arctic area, the walruses are a favorite. Also the Pet's Ahoy show, kids LOVE it! There is even a trained pig! The best shows are the Clyde and Seamore show and the Dolphin show....I forget what that one is called, but it's truly amazing. For lunch make reservations at Sharks. The food is more expensive, but you can share an entree with hubby, or just get a salad and appetizer and it's totally worth it. You get to eat inside while the kids watch the fish and sharks swimming around, so they don't get board. We always eat there now. Often, even if you don't have a reservation you can just walk in to the bar area and see if there are any high top tables available, those are first come first serve.

have fun!!