Menu

Off to get ds registered for classes...

JFSinIL

He does not yet drive, so I get to take him (we leave in mere minutes) happily the school is only 3 hours away. Confirmation from the school listed tons of things ds will be doing today, as an incoming freshman. It also lists six hours of presentations for parents (babysitting those of us who drove) by various assistant Deans, etc. - all in the same auditorium.

I am taking my iPod and a book. I will most likely sit near an exit and escape to wander campus. I do NOT plan to be "babysat" for six hours!!!

Well, I ended up staying - gleaned about two useful tidbits from the six hours, BUT the assistant deans, etc. were FUNNY (I think they knew very well that their job was to keep us contained and entertained!). DS signed up for Chemistry, the required Freshman seminar..and SWEDISH!!!! (the freshman are only allowed three classes in the first of the three quarters. They can take four classes in winter and spring). He is also very excited - the school offers a six-week intensive summer course in Sweden that will count as the nest two classes and finish the foreign language requirement.

I posted a clip of The Swedish Chef from the Muppets on my FB page in honor of my ds ;)