Menu

SL core question

Aoife

Ok so I am getting closer and closer to jumping the fence into SL land and was curious if I got the P 4/5 IG could I use the library and or amazon to build the books I needed to do the bulk of the schedule for finishing up pre-K? I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and order core 1 for the future ( grandma wants to gift the DS's with curricula!) and I am thinking I'd like to go ahead and get the IG for P/45 to use now but I don't know if I want to go all out yet and get the core P 4/5. :tongue_smilie:

Ok so I am getting closer and closer to jumping the fence into SL land and was curious if I got the P 4/5 IG could I use the library and or amazon to build the books I needed to do the bulk of the schedule for finishing up pre-K? I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and order core 1 for the future ( grandma wants to gift the DS's with curricula!) and I am thinking I'd like to go ahead and get the IG for P/45 to use now but I don't know if I want to go all out yet and get the core P 4/5. :tongue_smilie:

I did buy the core, but I also have most of the books at my small town library. So I don't see why you couldn't get most of them at yours. Some of them are online too.

In P 4/5 I would skip The Gods Must be Angry, New Toes for Tia, Stories from Africe ( though there were a couple I did read ), Children's Book of Virtues ( although again there were a few we read ), and the bible.

I LOVE SL and hope you enjoy it too! However with p 4/5 you don't really need the IG. But if you just WANT it - sure! I understand. I felt that way about their Pre-K back before they had p 4/5.

Your library may have different editions than the ones that SL schedules, but if it doesn't matter to you that the pages don't match up exactly, than you should be fine.

I agree with the others that this would totally be doable. I also agree that the IG is optional. I liked it because we get a lot more done with a schedule, but at this stage it's just about reading through the books. I will caveat that statement, though. I have the 2009 IG. The 2010 IG added activities based on the readings to the IG so it might be more valuable to you.

Nice present from Grandma!! Are you skipping Core K?

I am thinking of doing the same with core K and just getting the IG and then buying the full cores from 1 up as a lot fo the items in the P and K levels we already own or can easily get at the library and anything under 1 we tend to do a lot more free form but by the time we hit the level of 1 I will have multiple kiddos old enough to be running around so the allure and bonus of it being all done for me and ready to go will be the most valuable then! With 3 young boys and 2 older afterschooling DSDs time is a precious commodity LOL

I am thinking of doing the same with core K and just getting the IG and then buying the full cores from 1 up as a lot fo the items in the P and K levels we already own or can easily get at the library and anything under 1 we tend to do a lot more free form but by the time we hit the level of 1 I will have multiple kiddos old enough to be running around so the allure and bonus of it being all done for me and ready to go will be the most valuable then! With 3 young boys and 2 older afterschooling DSDs time is a precious commodity LOL

Ahhh, that makes sense. I can understand the time issue. I had 3 little boys and an afterschooler this last year and things were crazy!