Menu

Boy/Cub Scouts

BS is boy run, which can drive some folks nuts--meetings can be chaotic. They SHOULD consist of some games for a few minutes, skill development, patrol stuff and planning. That's not always how it works, especially if you have a young Senior Patrol Leader. Try out a few Packs (CS) or Troops(BS) until you find one that fits you. Scouts is a GREAT program, but it is NOT a dropoff gig.

A good troop is boy run but still guided by adults. Less chaos but the boys are still learning to be leaders, and having a major say in how their troop activities, as they should.

Jackson is five years old. He will be six in Jan. Thank you for your reply. I am hoping to find him a cub scout group next year since he is not old enough this year.

You can use the Find a Pack website to help find packs in your area. Just put in a zip code and it will give you a list of packs in the area.

What I usually do when we're moving to a new city is copy the list into a document file, then delete the packs that I'm not interested in (too far or chartered from a group that isn't a good fit).

It is a great idea to check packs out ahead of time. Then come spring you can register and enjoy activities over the summer instead of waiting until the fall. Our pack will register new scouts at the same time that we move scouts up in rank (usually May or June)