Menu

Oregonians: Anyone been to Da Vinci Days?

I just found out about DaVinci Days!

It looks really fun, but I need to get the scoop before telling my biggest DaVinci fan, DS (13). He's an Aspie, and huge unmanageable crowds can freak him out. Are there places to sit and decompress, away from the action? Is it easy to see the races and events or do you have to sit in a spot hours beforehand?

His only "fair" reference is the Oregon Country Fair, and that was way. too. much. for him. I hoping this is quieter, and well, geekier!

TIA- Lisa

I used to live here, so I've been many times. I didn't really go to the races though, so I don't know how long you need to wait for those. It is really busy, lots of people. It is at a park, but nearly all available space is taken by vendors and some years we actually avoided Davinci Days because of the crowds.

I wish I could be the bearer of better news, but it is a really popular festival and very crowded, including lots of people jostling and bumping. Is there some way you could prepare your son or just go for a short time? It is a lot of fun, but definitely the opposite of quiet & geeky.

I used to live here, so I've been many times. I didn't really go to the races though, so I don't know how long you need to wait for those. It is really busy, lots of people. It is at a park, but nearly all available space is taken by vendors and some years we actually avoided Davinci Days because of the crowds.

I wish I could be the bearer of better news, but it is a really popular festival and very crowded, including lots of people jostling and bumping. Is there some way you could prepare your son or just go for a short time? It is a lot of fun, but definitely the opposite of quiet & geeky.

Thank you so much! This is exactly the info we need to make a good decision.

The OCF would definitely be too much!! LOL

Lots of color... of all kinds.

Too bad the DaVinci Days are crazy.

Oh yes! :D I have worked there for the past 10 years or so. Sigh. Dh and the kids stay home because it is too dusty and crowded. I finally put my foot down and get to stay home this summer! Friends think the job is cool, but whew! I have seen those bands and eaten that food and worn that kooky outfit waaaaay too many times. OCF die hards might be shocked... but my plan is to have an anti-OCF week. I am going to Portland with my best friend, eat somewhere I can sit inside and be waited on, look at books in a quiet environment and take a bath every day! :lol:

Too funny- we worked/camped in the main stage area for years and years. OCF is just too big now. Can you hear my 1970s-80s OCF snobbery? LOL

No, you're just telling the truth! :D It is h.u.g.e.! I come back every year needing a vacation.

(I'm with entertainment too... I bet we know that same people!)