Menu

Vacation without kids!

My mom agreed to watch my kids next summer for a whole week! Our last vacation without the kids was over 7 years ago and we probably won't have a chance to do it again for a few more years. Where would you go?

Driving distance (less than 10 hrs) from Alabama would be nice but we could fly.

Definitely a cruise. My dh and I have gone on several cruises alone over the years and it was wonderful!

We are leaning that way. We love cruises and always have fun trying out the latest ships in the Royal Carribean fleet. We are thinking of a cruise on Freedom of the Seas, but since that is our default vacation idea even with kids....we are trying to think outside the box.

Cruises are nice but can be expensive. I think I would go somewhere along the east coast. I'd consider what type of things your DH likes to do on vacation and try to find something that he'd like. (golf? nature? historical?)

We went Charleston after marriage/before kids and toured the battleship and submarine there. I would have never pick that, but it was my DH pick and it turned out to be interesting.

Have fun.

Another idea - Last year dh and I went to Costa Rica by ourselves. It was a wonderful trip and there is lots to do, or you can sit on the beach and do nothing! We are trying to plan a trip back there this year, but life keeps getting in the way!