Menu

For those of you who have pulled your dc our of ps...

I, too, am going through the same emotions! I have decided to hs my daughter next year for 8th grade since 7th grade was entirely too stressful for her (and the rest of the family). My dh isn't totally on board yet but in my heart I know its the right decision. I haven't confirmed to my daughter my decision since I know she will suddenly become nostalgic and want to return for her last year. She will likely conveniently forget the daily stomach aches, etc. that she dealt with throughout the year.

We pulled our dd out of ps after 2nd grade and are just completing our third year at home. It was challenging during the first few months, but after the adjustment was made we've never been more happy. Like another poster said, there are trade-offs and the longer you hs, the more benefits you realize you have. The things that once seemed so important most often lose their meaning after a time.

Our culture is so ps oriented, that we tend to think that kids outside of a traditional school experience are being deprived. I just want to say that there is nothing as meaningful as the closeness a family shares while educating at home. I would not trade that for all the yearbooks in the world.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Our culture is so ps oriented, that we tend to think that kids outside of a traditional school experience are being deprived. I just want to say that there is nothing as meaningful as the closeness a family shares while educating at home. I would not trade that for all the yearbooks in the world.

Well said! I agree.