Menu

Meat trucks, here, there, everywhere!

One in my neighborhood (yes, suburbia, not rural!) twice in the last week, two different companies!

And then this on Craig'slist:

YEAR AROUND $1000 PER WEEK AVG (STADIUM AREA)

Date: 2010-05-31, 11:58PM CDT

Reply to: XXXX

Spring is here.......which means one thing in our business..BUSINESS IS HEATING UP......Steakhouse Steaks is now hiring for sales & delivery of our products. What we do is make delivery to our customers and talk to the neighbors to get new customers. To make this CL legal.. We sell meat through door to door sales and the pay is commission. The staff makes up to $2000 per week with $1000 per week being the average.We pay in cash everyday so you don't have to wait two weeks for your first paycheck only to find out you made one half of what you thought you were going to make.A company vehicle and training is provided. No experience is ok. Management and franchise opportunities do come available. Managers can earn up to $120,000 per year and if you manage and own the franchise you also earn half the profit of the business. We have franchise owners from age 26 to 50 so it's for everybody.I showed up in this business with a bag of clothes and $15 dollars about 7 years ago. I was behind on child support, couldn't see my kids, my life was a wreck. I paid off child support 6 months early and my kids are with me. I made $1500 my first week and never made less than $1000 per week as a seller. This is not a very glamorous job but it can be very lucrative. Make the call that has changed lives....Call today...Don"t delay...Ask for Bart....817-xxx-xxxx...

Hiring Organization: Ste*khou*se Ste*ks

• Compensation: Commission
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Phone calls about this job are ok.
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: XXXX

GAHH!

We get them all the time here, too (North Texas suburbia). I cannot believe that many people buy meat off the back of a truck from some random guy knocking on their door. :tongue_smilie:Most of the time it is just a regular pickup, no company logo, with a chest-type freezer sitting in the bed.:confused:

Ummmmm, no thanks!

Maybe if they added some music like the ice cream man.... let's see.... Home on the Range? Old MacDonald? I know there has to be some good ones that would lure the customers to run to the meat truck! Think, think, think....

:lol:

Yeah we get the plain pickup with chest freezer in back.