Menu

Classical Conversations Tutors

We have a CC coming to our town, and I am considering tutoring. However, I would like to ask a few questions from those who have already tutored before making a commitment.

I am thinking I will be a Foundations tutor.

1. Is there alot of prep work?

2. Did you honestly enjoy it?

3. On average, how much do you earn? I think I heard it is a percentage or something, but I would love to have an idea. This is important, because I am counting on it to cover at least 2 of my children in the program. Otherwise, I am not going to be able to do it.

4. How much do I have to purchase to be a foundations tutor??

Thanks everyone

Jennifer

Hi There,

Well, I direct a program. There's a decent amount of prep work :) You have Practicums with training for 3 days, about 4 Tutor mtgs a year, perhaps help with Info Mtgs and a Mock Day, and probably 2 hours or so of learning to do the day. You'll need to show up 30 minutes to 60 minutes... before the day starts to write things on the board and get "settled" for the day.

My mom with 7 children is going to be doing her 3rd year this coming year. She's awesome! I also have other Great Tutors. How your community works... is well... a bit community specific...

Part of the learning you'll do... you would do whether or not you did CC. :) It's fun... rewarding... but work!!

:)

Hi!

I am a third year tutor for a group of Masters!

She is right. It is a bit community specific. I have a lot of help from fellow tutors. One thing you NEED to do if you tutor is join the C3 Connected Community. Your Director will have a coupon code in August and it is quite cheap. Many of the tutors share lesson plans and ideas.

As far as pay goes, I have two in foundations only and it covers it. It is a percentage and depends on how many are in your class and community. We have about 25 families in ours I think ???? Not sure . . . . Your director should be able to tell you more specifically.

As far as materials go, you will need some white board markers, posterboard, or etc. There is a tutor package. And Drawing with Children. I think I spent about $60 on mine. I think I also bought an extra tin whistle book though (a non-CC book just for my own kids). This year I bought the science snippet cards just cause I liked them! But I will also use them at home.

I spend quite a bit of time in the summer getting ready.

I print the whole MMW CD in advance and hole punch. I prepare the presentation schedule and times table games (I do the older kids remember). I ready all my flashcards and lesson plan for the first couple of weeks. I also prepare a template for weekly parent emails.

I would say during the school year, it may take an extra couple of hours of time per week, but this is my second time through the cycles. So I am pretty confident at this point.

I LOVE my CC community! :)

My class is astute and full of eager learners. YMMV! :)

Like I said

JOIN THE C3 COMMUNITY!

Good luck and Blessings!

Hope that helped!

I tutored an Abecedarian class this past year. In our community, the tutors agreed not to charge each other for our children. I still had to pay for one child in Foundations (I had no children in Essentials) so I did make some money. I spent about $175 on books (mostly th VP cards).

At first the prep time was several hours each week--about 3-4. As I got into a routine and knew what my kids liked to do the prep time was down to about an hour to plan and pack my bags. Some weeks it was more if I needed to make something for a game.

It was a lot of work, but I liked it.