Menu

Well...according to my kids, they have "failed" the ITBS...

Rhondabee

My guess is that your kids probably did better than they think. These kinds of tests generally test the kids below, at, and above their grade level. For kids that want to get all the questions right, this can be frustrating. Before I administer these kids of tests (as mandated by our state) I remind my kids that I just want them to try their best. Perhaps you can reassure your kids that if they did their best, you couldn't possibly expect any more out of them. Enjoy your spring break :)

but, golly, it's hard to remember after 20 minutes in the car of "Oh, mom, I didn't understand ANY of the math." and "What is maroon? I think that's like a foreign language."

"Yeah, I think my test was in Spanish."

"Spanish? They did not give you a test in Spanish."

"Oh, yes they did. It said ..... fiesta!"

"It had the word fiesta in the question?"

"Yeah, so I just quit reading it after that."

:blink:

ROFL!! I know it's not funny, but I'm having one of those weeks where I just have to laugh and I wanted to say Thank You Rhonda! Reading your kid's conversation gave me the first belly laugh I've had in weeks! My dd's are very dramatic and I can hear this coming from my own backseat in a few years!

Hang in there :)

"What is maroon? I think that's like a foreign language."

Dont' worry -it's not YOUR homeschooling...

My gifted dd who is in public school and is afterschooled by me daily and is an award winning artist and prefers to watch HGTV decorating shows over any other tv and has had 64 ct crayons sinces she could hold them came home upset because she didn't know what maroon was either _she knew it was a color by the context but two of the four choices were a color and she picked wrong one.

but, golly, it's hard to remember after 20 minutes in the car of "Oh, mom, I didn't understand ANY of the math." and "What is maroon? I think that's like a foreign language."

"Yeah, I think my test was in Spanish."

"Spanish? They did not give you a test in Spanish."

"Oh, yes they did. It said ..... fiesta!"

"It had the word fiesta in the question?"

"Yeah, so I just quit reading it after that."

I have just calmed down after having hysterics (my kids thought I was crazy;)).

DD9 and a friend once wrote tests for each other. Her friend spelt some words wrong and DD said it was very unfair that she had written the test in German.