Menu

Little Angel Readers

jillian

Anyone have experience with these? My little miss wants to read (asked me) and she's on the young side, we are going through our letters and sounds right now but she is rapidly learning them and will be ready to start doing some beginning reading soon. Does anyone use these and if so do you like them?

I have not used these readers myself but many of my friends have used and liked them. It is my understanding they are a bit more advanced than the typical early reader. If your dd is picking up reading quickly, she'll probably enjoy them and do well with them.

I am planning on using them in a couple of years with my dd. If you choose to use them, let me know how you like them.

This is what I use to teach phonics. I highly recommend getting the teacher's manual and the workbooks to go with them. The program won't make sense as a program without them. The readers are good, but the heart of the program is in working with the word lists and using the stories to reinforce what you are doing. I didn't find using it intuitive and needed the TM for it to make sense for me as a real phonics program.

If you are wanting only readers and not a program, I would go with Seton's Faith and Freedom readers. The stories are better, and it is more of a real "story" book.

I also like CHC's readers, starting with Bigger Stories, which bridges the gap between their phonics program and Devotional Stories.