Menu

two year AP course

So how many hours do you estimate were involved? If the course was essentially two 180 hour courses, I think I would call the 9th grade class Biology, the 10th Advanced Biology (if the instructor does not have College Board approval). Otherwise I would probably call it Biology and then AP Biology. It is not uncommon for traditionally schooled students to have the latter on their transcripts.

Another idea might be to use AP Bio I (Molecular) followed by AP Bio II (Environmental)--or some such description of the major themes covered. AP Biology covers a tremendous amount of material and requires a lot of work. I was tempted to give 1.5 credits for my son's year long course based on hours but only gave 1 credit since he was not credit deficient.

Does the teacher provide documentation that you include with the transcript? Do you need to maintain consistency?

These silly little things can be pesky!

Jane

The teacher is AP approved. Long story short teacher needed double hip replacement 3/4 way through the course. Course load was definitely over 1 hour a day; class met one day a week for 3-3.5 hours and over an hour a day all other days. The last quarter he picked up the portion missing from another teacher, not AP level work.